Horsham, PA (March 30, 2023) — Aegis Software, a global provider of Manufacturing Operations Management Software, announces new capabilities in their latest FactoryLogix® 2023.1 and 2023.2 releases. These releases mark another milestone in Aegis' commitment to making factory-wide standards-based IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) simpler to achieve and delivering unmatched shop-floor MES via user-composable operator interfaces.
“With our latest release, we've solved the challenge of connecting to and standardizing data from PLCs. Now, a factory full of custom PLC-driven assets can easily transform all that low-level data into contextualized standard IIoT data streams and add those to the vast data acquired from factory operators interacting with FactoryLogix through its new citizen-composable user interface. We have truly completed the IIoT information fabric of a factory.”
"Our customers know that Industry 4.0 success hinges on collecting and contextualizing data from all factory sources, both human and machine. Efficient data from operators require user interfaces tailored to each specific process and person, which means it must be composable. On the machine side of the data equation, connecting with smart machines is relatively easy. Contextualizing data from the endless PLC-controlled factory assets in the world and making that standardized and useful has been a time-consuming and sometimes difficult matter," stated Jason Spera, CEO, and Co-Founder, of Aegis Software. "With our latest release, we've solved the challenge of connecting to and standardizing data from PLCs. Now, a factory full of custom PLC-driven assets can easily transform all that low-level data into contextualized standard IIoT data streams and add those to the vast data acquired from factory operators interacting with FactoryLogix through its new citizen-composable user interface. We have truly completed the IIoT information fabric of a factory."
FactoryLogix 2023.1 and 2023.2 deliver enhancements across the entire platform. Below is just a fraction of the industry-leading features and benefits offered in this new release:
- PLC Gateway - Aegis' new PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) Gateway simplifies and enables real-time connection and data transformation into standards-based IIoT between PLC equipment and any software system. The gateway solution goes beyond basic data mapping by discovering and then transforming PLC data tags to a contextualized IIoT data standard, ensuring data is accurate and actionable. Now, operators and managers can achieve greater visibility across the entire factory floor and make informed decisions based on up-to-date information to drive continuous improvement.
- Upgraded Composable Operator Interface - When it comes to shop-floor interfaces, one size does not fit all processes or persons. The FactoryLogix composable user interface designer enables customers to craft a unique interface per operator station using a vast library of ready-to-use applets. Have a different interface layout and content per station, or one for the whole factory, or change them weekly as you learn operator preferences. No code, no building data models, no writing logic—just drag and drop. The latest upgrades have applets enabling further optimization of screen space, extended touch-screen-friendly features, and enhanced visualization of progress.
- Integration with Arena PLM -This integration automates data transfer between Arena PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and FactoryLogix, eliminating duplicate data entries, reducing errors and inconsistencies, and creating a seamless digital thread from product design to production.
- Enhanced 'Limit Rework Attempts' - The enhanced 'Limit Rework Attempts' capability eliminates costly rework and repair actions by limiting the number of rework events by inspection code and the reference location.
- Inventory Creation at Point of Material Loading/Scanning - This new feature ensures increased efficiencies by minimizing the steps required to load new material at a station while validating barcode content. Material UIDs can be initialized from a complex barcode when loaded/validated at a workstation and then consumed as normal inventory.
FactoryLogix is a holistic and modular platform that delivers leading-edge technology with easily configurable modules to support and execute a discrete manufacturer’s strategy toward Industry 4.0. FactoryLogix manages the entire manufacturing lifecycle: from product launch to material logistics, through manufacturing execution and quality management to powerful analytics and real-time dashboards. This end-to-end platform helps companies accelerate product introductions, streamline processes, improve quality and traceability, reduce costs, and gain greater visibility for competitive advantage and profitability.
About Aegis Software
Founded in 1997, Aegis Software uniquely delivers a comprehensive and flexible end-to-end manufacturing execution system (MES) platform giving manufacturers the speed, control, and visibility they require. Aegis has international sales and support offices in Germany, UK, and China, and partners with more than 37 manufacturing equipment suppliers. Since its inception, Aegis has been helping more than 2,200 factories across the military, aerospace, electronics, medical, and automotive industries, drive rapid and continuous innovation with the highest quality while reducing operational costs. Learn more by visiting https://www.aiscorp.com. Speed, Control and Visibility for Manufacturing.
Note: FactoryLogix is a registered trademark of Aegis Industrial Software. All other company and product names contained herein are trademarks of the respective holders.
Aegis Software Company Contact:
VP, Global Marketing
Phone: +1 215.773.3571 x 1106
Email: [email protected]