Apr 20, 2005
Aegis Announces V6 for Next Generation Manufacturing Information Management
SMT Hybrid Packaging, Nuremberg – Aegis Industrial Software, a leader in manufacturing information management systems for global electronics assemblers, has announced Version 6.0 (V6), the company’s brand new release of its NPI and MES electronics manufacturing solutions. The Aegis V6 product release includes new, process-wide solutions for complete shop-floor materials management, unparalleled support for test programming and fixture design, plus several hundred enhancements across the individual modules.
V6 provides comprehensive NPI, materials and process tracking, quality, and MES functionality for total manufacturing control, traceability and visibility.
Complete process-wide traceability includes:
- • Component, Tooling, Cart, Feeder, and Chemical Materials Traceability
- • Process Equipment, Test, and Inspection Process Data Traceability
- • Assembly Equipment and WIP Performance Data
- • AOI, ATE, and Inspection Measurement Data
- • Materials Declaration and Assured Lead-Free Control
- • Electronically Assured Process Control and Line Setups
- • Box-Build and System Integration Control and Traceability
- • End-of-Process Packout Guidance and Traceability
Now V6 also automates test engineering with TestXcell. TestXcell is Aegis’ new comprehensive circuit assembly test solution that provides Automated Test Equipment (ATE) programming, DFT analysis, DFM, fixture design output, and schematic viewing. TestXcell takes its place as the test data preparation engine of Aegis V6.
Synergistic with CircuitCAM for process development and CheckPoint for BOM and component engineering, TestXcell enables any test engineering department to quickly develop test programs and fixture designs, with complete tools for:
- • DFT/ Design for Testability
- • ATE Programming for over 25 leading ATE Systems
- • Fixture Design Output with Back Annotation and Advanced Layered Technology
- • Superior Schematics Viewer using EDA Interfaces
- • Customizable Component Database (CDB) Library Pre-populated with 36,000 Electrical Models and 1,000 Package Models
- • Easily Generated DFT Analysis and Testability Reports for Redesigns, Test Depth Analysis and Cost Calculations
With the addition of TestXcell to the Aegis NPI software suite, the circle of manufacturing information control is complete. Manufacturing and test engineers can manage the entire test process from intelligent graphical design data input through net adaptability checking, component testability checking and full mechanical fixture design to the generation of tester input lists and circuit description files.
“The introduction of Aegis Version 6.0 and TestXcell closes the loop on information control and visibility, and makes this the most robust manufacturing software solution ever presented in a single package,” said Jason Spera, CEO at Aegis. “This market-beating release represents tens of thousands of engineering and quality assurance man-hours, coupled with real-world collaboration with key Aegis customers. V6 is built to handle all the stringent requirements associated with lead-free manufacturing. It also delivers reduced operational cycle times and improved factory processes supporting a lean manufacturing environment.”
For additional information contact:
Shaun Black, Global Vice President of Marketing
Aegis Industrial Software Corporation
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 215.773.3571 Ext. 1102