Feb 16, 2006
Aegis Launches xTend for Seamless Integration to Business Systems
Philadelphia, PA – Aegis Industrial Software Corporation, the leader in Manufacturing Information Management Systems announces the launch of its new system integration technology and professional services program known as xTend. The xTend Framework elegantly fuses Aegis’ MES system with its clients’ ERP/MRP and supply chain systems eliminating information gaps and reducing redundant operations of data entry.
xTend is a program comprised of both a sophisticated integration technology and a new business group within Aegis, dedicated to providing customers professional engineering services, consultancy, integration planning and deployment. xTend provides Aegis customers with a turn-key means to fully integrate their Aegis deployment into their enterprise business systems.
“xTend, and the package of professional services offered with it, increase Aegis’ value in the enterprise by connecting with existing business systems. The technology turns the Aegis system into a ‘black box,’ exposing the total scope and depth of quality, performance, process and product information.” Said Jason Spera, Aegis CEO, “Not just a technical solution, Aegis offers a business unit and a structured process to provide customers the engineering and planning expertise needed to ensure successful integration. We are excited to supply our clients with a way to fill the information gap below their business systems right down to the granular information about their product and process.”
Technologically, xTend is a framework of .NET interfaces of commonly utilized functions and data transfers required by customers to link Aegis solutions to a business system or legacy system. Designed to be separate from other components, xTend is used for integration purposes only. It remains clean and forward-compatible enabling simplified upgrades without affecting core systems. The xTend Framework is also highly documented using Microsoft engineering standards for customers wishing to construct their own 'adapters' for particular applications.
Features and benefits include:
- • Synchronized information flow between ERP and Aegis’ support of the factory flow
- • Elegant information and functional integration of Aegis to third party systems.
- • Extensive documentation to facilitate use by integrators or customer IT personnel.
- • Ability for Aegis engineering to more quickly when creating custom integrations ranging from simple file transfers to sophisticated web service integration.
- • Increases Aegis' value as a data provider to any company’s business systems by reducing redundant operations or data entry between Aegis and these business systems.
For additional information contact:
Shaun Black, Global Vice President of Marketing
Aegis Industrial Software Corporation
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 215.773.3571 Ext. 1102