Sales Applications Engineer
Aegis Software is seeking a talented Applications Engineer to join our team for the continued expansion of the company’s Manufacturing Execution Software (MES). Ideal applicants would be located in Eastern/South Eastern US but all locations will be considered.
- Provide regional support to Aegis Sales by communicating extensive product, technological, and practical knowledge as required during sales visits, web conferences, and teleconferences.
- Conduct on-site manufacturing operation audits that define the customer’s ‘current state’, followed by reviews that identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify solutions to the customer’s stated needs that utilize existing Aegis product functionality.
- Communicate product enhancement requests in a manner that identify the customer’s business need and a proposed solution when beyond the boundaries of Aegis’ current product functionality.
- Draft custom engineering requests to Aegis Engineering that accurately describe the customer’s background, motivation, and requirements for functionality
- Author technical response documentation in support of a sales opportunity (requests for proposals, capabilities matrices, and statements of work)
- Develop new or contribute to existing technical sales collateral such as interface/module overviews, product reference guides, and recorded demonstrations.
- Support webinars, trade shows, user group meetings, and similar events as required.
- Maintain a productive and collaborative relationship between sales applications and deployment to ensure a seamless transition for the customer.
- Support Aegis in additional capacities as required, such as system installations, training sessions, and satellite office support.
- Continuous self-education on new releases including underlying technology and product capability, use, and installation.
- Working knowledge of supporting application software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems and server-based database software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess the skills necessary to produce well-written summarized reports to management and colleagues.
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of Aegis MES product offering.
- Direct experience in electronics and box build assembly and test operations.
Travel required, ranging between 40-60% per month.