Aegis’ greatest asset is people. The enthusiasm, skill, and dedication of our worldwide staff are ultimately what make us different. We are always looking for more members to join our team. We invite you to send us your information if you are interested in a career at Aegis.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Are you a highly motivated Software QA Engineer looking for a challenge? Are you detail oriented with a knack for finding even the most obscure problems in the software? Do you excel in a fast paced environment and enjoy taking something good and turning it in to something great? Then Aegis is looking for you. At Aegis, you will be an integral part of our team, responsible for developing and executing manual, automated and performance test cases for the company’s entire product suite.
Our team-oriented culture and collaborative, employee-focused work environment allow you to directly influence our success. Our state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, casual dress, and the team attitude provide a competitive edge over our competitors and contribute to a comfortable and friendly work environment.
- The candidate will be responsible for designing, documenting and maintaining both manual and automated test cases.
- The candidate must accurately estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities that fit within the company’s designated release cycles.
- The candidate will participate in regularly scheduled Regression Test Cycles.
- The candidate will identify, document and track all defects using the company’s bug tracking systems.
- The candidate will work directly with engineers to troubleshoot, improve usability, and correct design and implementation issues.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Proven work experience in software development with a solid understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience in properly identifying and analyzing deficiencies in software design and functionality.
- Confident, knowledgeable and assertive, placing the product quality, performance and success above all considerations.
- Ability to work under pressure and under time constraints.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
- 2+ years of QA experience working with both manual and automated test systems.
- Experience with Test Complete software a plus.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting language a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the company.
Sales Applications Engineer - North America
Aegis Software is seeking a talented Applications Engineer to join our team for the continued expansion of the company’s Manufacturing Execution Software (MES). Ideal applicants would be located in Eastern/South Eastern US but all locations will be considered.
• Provide regional support to Aegis Sales by communicating extensive product, technological, and practical knowledge as required during sales visits, web conferences, and teleconferences.
• Conduct on-site manufacturing operation audits that define the customer’s ‘current state’, followed by reviews that identify opportunities for improvement
• Identify solutions to the customer’s stated needs that utilize existing Aegis product functionality. Communicate product enhancement requests in a manner that identify the customer’s business need and a proposed solution when beyond the boundaries of Aegis’ current product functionality.
• Draft custom engineering requests to Aegis Engineering that accurately describe the customer’s background, motivation, and requirements for functionality
• Author technical response documentation in support of a sales opportunity (requests for proposals, capabilities matrices, and statements of work)
• Develop new or contribute to existing technical sales collateral such as interface/module overviews, product reference guides, and recorded demonstrations.
• Support webinars, trade shows, user group meetings, and similar events as required.
• Maintain a productive and collaborative relationship between sales applications and deployment to ensure a seamless transition for the customer.
• Support Aegis in additional capacities as required, such as system installations, training sessions, and satellite office support.
• Continuous self-education on new releases including underlying technology and product capability, use, and installation.
• Working knowledge of supporting application software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
• Working knowledge of Windows operating systems and server-based database software.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Possess the skills necessary to produce well-written summarized reports to management and colleagues.
Nice to Have:
• Working knowledge of Aegis MES product offering.
• Direct experience in electronics and box build assembly and test operations.
Travel required, ranging between 40-60% per month.
System Deployment Engineer - North America
Aegis Software is seeking talented Deployment Engineers to join our team for the continued expansion of the company’s Manufacturing Execution Software (MES). Candidate can be located anywhere in the US/Canada/Mexico within reasonable distance of major airport. Ideal applicants would be located in Canada within Quebec/Ontario or US West Coast. As a Deployment Engineer you will be responsible for the successful installation, configuration and training on our software. This work includes travel to customer sites throughout North America.
- Train on and Deploy Aegis Software Products; Including Travel to Customer Facilities
- Manage and communicate tasks/timelines for a given Deployment Project
- Attend project status calls and meetings
- Prepare Present and Review Agendas
- Daily Trip Reports documented and submitted back to Aegis HQ
- Telephone/Web Support for Aegis Software Products
- Generation of Product and Reference Documentation
- Previous experience as a Software Trainer or Deployment Engineer
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS Office and client/server operating systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 75%
- Previous Experience with MES or ERP Software solutions
- Manufacturing Experience particularly in the Electronics Assembly sector
- Located in Canada within Quebec/Ontario or US West Coast
Aegis Software is seeking talented software developers to join our team for the continued development of the company’s commercial software products. This includes enhancing, customizing and providing maintenance support for the companies’ entire product suite.
Candidates should have a passion for software development using the latest and greatest technologies. Our customers and market demand continual improvement through proper code structure, regular code reviews, and thorough testing on everything we produce. This ensures Aegis offers the best functionality to our customers while maintaining performance in high transaction manufacturing environments.
- Strong Development Skills in Object Oriented Programming Language (C# preferred)
- Coordinating with Aegis’ Global Service Team to Diagnose and Correct Software Defects reported from the field
- Ability to work independently from a specification through Aegis Custom Engineering Process
- Enhancing the existing Aegis product suite with a strong focus on the end user scenarios and requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Degree
- Past employment with multi-tier software solution provider
- Working knowledge of full-stack .NET development with ability to work across User Interface, Business Logic, and Data Access Layers
- Experience and/or working knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation), WCF (Windows Communication Foundation), SQL Syntax, Entity Framework, LINQ, Lambdas/delegates, .NET Remoting, Visual Studio 2015, TFS (Team Foundation Server), DevExpress, C++, WinForms, Unit Testing, Agile/Scrum development processes
- Ideal candidate would also have experience in a manufacturing sector, or with a software provider involved in the manufacturing vertical
Software Deployment Engineer - Europe
Aegis is currently looking for an experienced software deployment engineer to fulfil a position within our European services team. The ideal candidate would be based out of our UK office and would operate mainly within Europe installing, configuring and training on our market leading Manufacturing Execution Software (MES).
- Visit customers within Europe, and occasionally globally, to install, configure and train on our MES software
- Carry out “in house” training programs for visiting customers
- Assist with product QA cycle and associated documentation
- Provide support for existing customers contacting us through our support network
- Previous experience as a professional software trainer or deployment engineer
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products, in particular client and server operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally around 50% of the time
- Must have full driving license
- Experience in electronics or other manufacturing sector a big plus
- Language skills, in particular German and French are desirable